Food Security & Livelihood Enhancement
This component is being implemented by Uttarakhand Gramya Vikas Samiti and is mainly covering the following activities;
- Organizing the producer groups (PGs & VPGs) which will be federated as livelihood collectives (LCs)
- Extend support in crop and livestock production for food security, and develop high value cash crops and other products (such as rural tourism, etc.) to provide cash incomes to PGs/ VPGs and LCs through various institutions.
- Technical services are being provided and physical infrastructures are being developed for providing market access support to producers.
- Innovation linkage with various institutions for testing and dissemination of innovative technologies and approaches for improving food security, livelihoods and access to markets.
- The project is also improving access to employment in the non-farm sector by supporting vocational training linked to job placement. A total of 10000 youths will be trained covering around 60% women.
These activities have already been covered around 106,000 households in selected 37 development blocks of the nine districts. Details of the blocks are as under:
|SN||District||Block Name (ILSP)||Block Name (Ex-ULIPH)|
|1||Almora||Syaldeh, Salt, Bhikiasain, Chaukhutia, Hawalbagh, Tarikhet, Dwarahat||Bhainsiyachhana, Lamgara, Dhauladevi|
|3||Chamoli||Tharali, Pokhri||Ghat, Deval, Narayanbagad, Dasholi|
|4||Tehri||Chamba, Jaunpur (common)||Bhilangana, Jaunpur (common), Devprayag, Pratapnagar|
|5||Uttarkashi||Bhatwari||Naugaon, Mori, Purola, Dunda|
|7||Pithoragarh||Kanalichina, Pithoragarh (Bin), Munakot||–|